Global Futures Scholarships 2022 Application Update
Applications are now being accepted by the University of Manchester for its Global Futures Scholarships. This is a fully funded scholarship for all students.
About the Scholarship
It is with great pleasure that the University of Manchester announces it will award £300,000 in scholarships to international students beginning their studies in September 2022.
Both undergraduates and graduate students are eligible for the scholarship.
A total of 30 merit-based master’s scholarships of £10,000 are available to students from the following countries in Africa: Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Egypt, Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and South Africa.
Please note that the application form will only be available to students who have applied and been offered admission to a full-time master’s program starting in 2022.
Ten merit-based undergraduate scholarships are available for international students domiciled in the following African countries: Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Egypt, Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and South Africa.
Students must be enrolled in one of the following qualifications: A-level, IB, South African Matric, ZIMSEC A-Levels, Tanzanian ACSE.
Details of Award
1. There will be 30 awards of £10,000. These awards will be based on academic excellence and the quality of your online application.
2. The scholarship will be provided as a discount against published tuition fees.
Aim and Benefits of Global Futures Scholarships
Global Futures Scholarships aim to help students who have completed their secondary education to study further in a different country, or who are preparing to undertake a vocational training course in the UK or abroad. The aim of these scholarships is to promote international understanding and cultural awareness.
Benefits of Global Futures Scholarships
The benefits of these awards include:
Financial support, including tuition fees and living costs;
Support with visa applications;
Language training (if required);
Award winners will be able to choose from over 1,400 higher education institutions in over 100 countries around the world.
Requirements for Global Futures Scholarships
1. For consideration for the African awards, applicants must have accepted a conditional or unconditional offer to pursue a full-time program at Manchester and must submit an online scholarship application by 19 June 2022. You will be emailed the application form if you are eligible for the offer.
2. Scholarship applicants will be evaluated based on their academic achievements and the quality of their scholarship applications.
3. Each applicant must be self-funded (i.e., unsponsored).
4. Applicants for MBA, MPhil, Master of Architecture (MArch), Architecture and Urbanism (MA), Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA), Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Clinical Medicine and Dentistry degrees are not eligible for the award.
Documents Required for Application
Awardees will be announced by mid-July 2022.
June 19, 2022