University of York offers the Lecturer in Applied Data Science (Teaching & Scholarship) for international and UK students; For international and UK students who want to pursue a PhD in physics, math, computer science, data science, or information technology, the University of York offers the Lecturer in Applied Data Science (Teaching & Scholarship). The range of the grant is from £42,155 to £51,805, and there is no cap on the number of scholarships that can be awarded. Students can submit an online application for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: October 02, 2022
- Organization: University of York
- Department: Chemistry
- Course level: Graduate and Postgraduate
- Award Amount: £42,155 – £51,805
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International Student
- Subject: Ph.D. in Science, Maths, Computer Science
- Eligible Countries: All international and UK students are eligible to apply.
- Eligibility: Students can apply for the Postgraduate teaching offered at the University of York.
We are looking for a lecturer passionate about teaching Data Science to join our new MSc program. The ideal candidate will have experience in programming, statistics, machine learning, big data, and data visualization. They will be responsible for developing course material, delivering lectures, and providing an excellent student experience. There may also be opportunities to get involved in admissions and marketing for the new program.
We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive working environment where all staff and students can thrive. We are proud of our Athena SWAN Gold Award.
We encourage applications in particular from female applicants and candidates from underrepresented ethnic groups in the Department of Chemistry’s academic staff. The position is flexible and can be filled part-time with prior approval.
- Develop and apply innovative and appropriate teaching techniques and material that create students’ interest, understanding, and enthusiasm.
- To lecture, lead seminars, tutorials, and other forms of postgraduate teaching
- To contribute to the development of teaching and learning strategies
- To undertake effectively a range of administrative and managerial responsibilities associated with the course
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Needed
- Ph.D. in Science, Maths, Computer Science or a closely related subject, and appropriate academic teaching qualification or willingness to complete this
- The specialist knowledge of data science and its application to scientific problems
- Well-developed analytical, IT, and communication skills with the ability to present at conferences
- Knowledge, ability, experience, and commitment to designing and delivering teaching and learning at undergraduate level chemistry to enthuse and engage students
- Commitment to and Understanding of Equality and Diversity Issues
- Demonstrable capacity for creative thinking and planning with attention to detail, a positive attitude, and commitment to personal development
How to Apply
Please get in touch with the Head of Department, Professor Caroline Dessert, to apply for this position at [email protected] Include your CV and a brief statement of interest. Informal inquiries can also be made through this email.